Laura Hesse, M.Sc.
Photo: Leila Ivarsson
Chair of Management of Public, Private & Nonprofit Organizations
Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences
by appointment per email
Tel: +49 40 42838-7794
- Since July 2020: PhD candidate and research assistant at the chair of Prof. Dr. Boenigk
- November 2019 to July 2020: professional experience as Junior Data Analyst in the financial sector, Hamburg
- February 2018 to July 2018: Study abroad at the Universidad de Málaga, Spain
- September 2016 to July 2019: M.Sc. in Market and Media Research at the TH Köln, Master's thesis on: "The influence of personality, risk awareness and technology affinity on technology acceptance - a mixed-methods investigation".
- January 2015 to May 2015: Study abroad at the University of Westminster, London, UK
- September 2013 to July 2016: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Business Psychology, International School of Management, Munich. Bachelor's thesis on “Chancen und Risiken von Markenerweiterungsstrategien – ein empirische Untersuchung“ (Opportunities and risks of brand expansion strategies - an empirical study)
Main Areas of Research
Data Philanthropy, Fundraising Management, a.o. Peer-to-Peer Fundraising and Crowdfunding
- van Teunenbroek, C., Dalla Chiesa, C., Hesse, L. (2023). The contribution of crowdfunding for philanthropy: A systemic review and framework of donation and reward crowdfunding. Journal of Philanthropy and Marketing, online first. DOI:10.1002/nvsm.1791
- Hesse, L. & Boenigk, S., (2022). Peer-to-Peer fundraising: A large empirical study on factors influencing peer fundraisers' success. 51st Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) Conference, Raleigh, U.S.A.
- v. Teunenbroek, C., Dalla Chiesa, C. & Hesse, L. (2022). Four crowdfunding features explained: A review and theoretical framework of philanthropic crowdfunding. 51st Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) Conference, Raleigh, U.S.A.
- Boenigk, S., Saltzmann, C., Hesse, L., & Geib, N. (2022). Transformative service initiatives in the public sector: work and wellbeing for Refugees and Internationals. 12th SERVSIG Conference, Glasgow, Schottland.
- Hesse, L. & Boenigk, S. (2021). Peer-to-Peer giving: A large empirical study on peer fundraiser as source of inspiration. 10th European Research Network On Philanthropy (ERNOP) International Conference, Dublin, Ireland.
- Hesse, L. & Boenigk, S. (2021). Peer-to-Peer giving: A large empirical study on peer fundraiser as source of inspiration. 50th Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) Conference, Atlanta, U.S.A.
- Hesse, L., & Boenigk, S. (2021). Peer-to-Peer giving: A large empirical study on peer fundraiser as source of inspiration. Nachwuchsworkshop der Wissenschaftlichen Kommission ÖBWL im VHB, Freiburg, Deutschland.
Academic and Scientific Activities
Master Interdisciplinary Public and Nonprofit Studies
Reserach Module (Part 1+2)
- Seminar, 6 ECTs
- Winter Semester 2021/2022, Summer Semester 2022, Winter Semester 2022/23, Summer Semester 2023
Module: Nonprofit Studies
- Seminar, 6 ECTs
- Summer Semester 2023
Nonprofit Research: Basics of Questionnaire Creation and SPSS
- Seminar, 6 ECTS
- Winter semester 2020/2021, Summer semester 2021
Public & Nonprofit-Management
- Lecture and exercise, 6 ECTS
- Winter semester 2020/2021, Summer semester 2021, Winter semester 2021/2022, Summer semester 2022