Dr. Helen Duh
Area of responsibility:
DAAD Guest researcher in 2016 from the University of Witswatersrand, South Africa
The impact of Happiness on Money Attitudes of Generation Y in South Africa
- International brand management
- Compuslive consumption
- Consumer behavior
- 2012: Doctor of Commerce, "The impact of Happiness on Money Attitudes of Generation Y in South Africa", Nelson Mandela Metro University, South Africa
- 2004: Master's of Commerce in Marketing, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- 2002: Bachelor of Commerce with Honours in Marketing, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
Duh, H. I. (2015), The test of three life-course theories of materialism in South Africa, International Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol. 10, issue 4, [Available online] http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/IJoEM-02-2013-033
Duh H. I. & Struwig M. (2015), Generational marketing and the importance of Generation Y to Marketing Managers, International Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol. 10, issue 1. [Available online] http://www.emeraldinsight.com/toc/ijoem/10/1
- Duh, H. I. (2015). Antecedents and Consequences of Materialism: An Integrated Theoretical Framework, Journal of Economics and Behavioural Studies, Vol. 7, No. 1. [Available online] http://www.ifrnd.org/Research%20Papers/J7(1)3.pdf
- Duh, H. I., Benmoyal-Bouzaglo, S., Moschis, G. P., & Smaoui, L. (2014). Examination of Young Adults’ Materialism in France and South Africa using two Life-course Theoretical Perspectives, Journal of Family and Economic Issues. [Available online] http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10834-014-9400-9
- Duh, H. I. (2014). Application of the Human Capital Theory to Understand Generation Y South Africans’ Money attitudes, Journal of Economics and Behavioural Studies Vol. 6, No. 12. [Available online] http://www.ifrnd.org/ResearchPapers.aspx?VolumeID=217
Duh, H., Struwig, M. & Mazibuko, E. (2011). A framework to investigate money attitudes and materialism, Acta Commercii, Special Edition, pp. 31-42. [Available online] http://reference.sabinet.co.za/document/EJC14406
- Duh, H. I. (2006). Profiling Brand Strategies according to South African Consumers’ Shopping Orientations. International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations. 5(2), pp. 17-32. [Available online]
Dr. Feng Hu
Area of responsibility:
Research fellow at the Chair of Marketing and Innovation, collaborations between China and Germany.
Contact: via CMI secretary's office: email@example.com
- PhD at University of Hamburg
- Postgraduate at Central China Normal University (Master of Management, major in Information Science)
- Undergraduate at Central China Normal University (Bachelor of Management, major in Information Science)
- Feng Hu, Thorsten Teichert, Yong Liu, Hongxiu Li, Elina Gundyreva, (2019), Evolving customer expectations of hospitality services: Differences in attribute effects on satisfaction and Re-Patronage, Tourism Management, Volume 74, pp. 345–357. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2019.04.010
- Hu, Feng, and Rohit H. Trivedi. (2019). Mapping hotel brand positioning and competitive landscapes by text-mining user-generated content. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 84, 102317. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2019.102317
- Feng Hu, (2019). What Makes a Hotel Review Helpful? An Information Requirement Perspective, Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, https://doi.org/10.1080/19368623.2019.1661931
- Hongxiu Li, Feng Hu, Yong Liu, (2019). Understand Hotel Customer satisfaction with Sentiment Analysis of Online Hotel Reviews, 11th World Tourism Conference, Athens, Greece
- Liu, Yong; Teichert, Thorsten; Rossi, Matti; Li, Hongxiu; Hu, Feng. (2017). Big data for big insights: Investigating language-specific drivers of hotel satisfaction with 412,784 user-generated reviews, Tourism Management, Volume 59, pp. 554–563. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2016.08.012
- Liu, Yong; Teichert, Thorsten; Hu, Feng; Li, Hongxiu. (2016). How do tourists evaluate Chinese hotels at different cities? Mining online tourist reviewers for new insights, The Fifteenth Wuhan International Conference on E-business, Wuhan, China. https://aisel.aisnet.org/whiceb2016/67
- Yong Liu, Shengli Deng, Feng Hu, Xiaoyu Chen (2015). The impacts of unique service resources and habit on e-service loyalty in a highly competitive market, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Vol. 17, Issue 4, 336-350. https://doi.org/10.1108/JSIT-06-2015-0050
- Liu, Yong; Deng, Shengli; Hu, Feng. (2014). E-Loyalty Building in Competitive E-Service Market of SNS: Resources, Habit, Satisfaction and Switching Costs, The 13th IFIP Conference on Digital Services and Information Intelligence, Sanya, China. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-662-45526-5_8
- Liu, Yong; Li, Hongxiu; Kostakos, Vassilis; Goncalves, Jorge; Hosio, Simo; Hu, Feng (2014). An Empirical Investigation of Mobile Government Adoption in Rural China: A Case Study in Zhejiang Province, Government Information Quarterly, Volume 31, Issue 3, pp. 432-442. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2014.02.008
- Deng, Shengli; Liu, Yong; Li, Hongxiu; Hu, Feng (2013). How Does Personality Matter? An Investigation of the Impact of Extraversion on Individuals’ SNS Use, Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Volume 16, Number 8, pp. 575-581. DOI: 10.1089/cyber.2012.0383
- Liu, Yong; Li, Hongxiu; Hu, Feng (2013). Websites Attributes in Urging Online Impulse Purchase: An Empirical Investigation on Consumer Perceptions, Decision Support Systems (SSCI, JCR-Q1, IF=3.847), Volume 55, Number 3, pp. 829-837. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2013.04.001
- Hu Feng, Liu Yong, Li Hongxiu & Xiao Bei, (2012). Modeling Consumers’ Acceptance of Tuangou in China, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (EI), Volume 6, Number 4, 9-14.
- Hu Feng & Liu Yong, (2011). An Empirical Examination on Mobile Services Adoption in Rural China, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (EI), Volume 5, Number 1, 328-334.
- Du, X., Xiao, B., & Hu, F*. (2011, May). Investigating the use of mobile services in rural China. In 2011 International Conference on Business Management and Electronic Information (Vol. 1, pp. 768-770). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICBMEI.2011.5917049
- Hu, F., & Liu, Y. (2010, October). Impact of experience and gender differences on users' perceptions on mobile game. In 2010 International Conference on Multimedia Technology (pp. 1-2). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICMULT.2010.5629762
- Hu, F., Feng, X., & Sun, X. (2010, August). Research on the Technological Restrictions and Mobile Learning Market Potential. In Internet Technology and Applications, 2010 International Conference on (pp. 1-4). IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/ITAPP.2010.5566425
- Hu, F., Du, X. Y., & Liu, Y. (2009, December). Mobile manufacturer or service provider? An empirical study on consumers’ adoption intention. In International Conference on U-and E-Service (EI), Science and Technology (pp. 1-5). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-10580-7_1
- Liu, Y., Hu, F., & Li, H. (2009, June). Understanding learners' perspectives on m-learning: results from a survey. In Proceedings of the 2009 Euro American Conference on Telematics and Information Systems: New Opportunities to increase Digital Citizenship (p. 6). ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/1551722.1551728
Dr. Christiana Tercia
Area of responsibility:
Research fellow at the Chair of Marketing and Innovation, collaborations between Indonesia and Germany
- Research for Re-branding in Some of Bank in Indonesia.
- Research on the effect of entrepreneurship and customer orientation towards the Motor Honda sales force performance in Central Java.
List of Publications:
- Word of Mouth: Not Just A Chit-Chat, Published at Forum Manajemen Prasetiya Mulya, Vol. II, No. 4, December 2007 – January 2008. 4-13.
- Are You An Impulse Buyer?, Published at Forum Manajemen Prasetiya Mulya, Vol. II, No. 5, May – June 2008. 61-68.
- What and How About Corporate Blog , Published at Forum Manajemen Prasetiya Mulya, Vol. III, No. 9, February – April 2009. 55-70.
- The Analysis Of Entrepreneurship Attitude And Its Implication On Performance Of Sales Persons, Published at Manajemen Usahawan Indonesia, Vol. XXXVII, No. 04, 2008. 38-49.
- Golden Niche of M-Commerce: Tips To Build Customer Trust, Published at Forum Manajemen Prasetiya Mulya, Vol. III No. 11, September – October 2009. 97 - 106.
Dr. Rohit Trivedi
Dr. Rohit H. Trivedi
Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Chair of Marketing and Innovation
Collaboration between Germany and United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0) 1274232210
- Green Marketing
- Big data in social sciences
- Consumer action and decision-making
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Artificial Intelligence and consumer behavior
- Trivedi, R., Teichert, T., & Hardeck, D. (Accepted) Effectiveness of Pull-based print advertising with QR codes: Role of consumer involvement and advertisement appeal. European Journal of Marketing.
- Trivedi, R., & Teichert, T. (Accepted) Animal and human model in advertising: Who can generate more favorable consumer reaction? Journal of Advertising Research.
- Feng, H., & Trivedi, R. (2020) Mapping hotel brand positioning and competitive landscape by text-mining user-generated content. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 80, 1-13.
- Trivedi, R., & Teichert, T. (2019). The effect of ad smiles on consumer attitudes and intentions: Influence of model gender and consumer gender. Journal of Business Research, 99, 197-205.
- Trivedi, R., Patel, D., & Acharya, N. (2018). Causality analysis of media influence on environmental attitude, intention and behaviors leading to green purchasing. Journal of Cleaner Production, 196, 11-22.
- Trivedi, R., & Jagani, K. (2018). Perceived service quality, repeat use of healthcare services and its impact on inpatient satisfaction. International Journal of Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Management, 12(3), 288-306.
- Teichert, T., Young, L., Hardeck, D., & Trivedi, R. (2018). How to implement informational and emotional appeals in print advertisements. Journal of Advertising Research. 58(3), 363-379.
- Trivedi, R., & Teichert, T. (2018). Attitudes, beliefs and impulsivity in online gambling addiction. International Gambling Studies, 18(2), 327-342.
- Trivedi, R. (2017). Testing framework to understand Entrepreneurial-Intention Constraint Model: A comparative analysis of post-graduate management students in India, Singapore and Malaysia. International Entrepreneurship & Management Journal, 13(4), 1239-1261.
- Trivedi, R., & Teichert, T. (2017). The Janus-faced role of gambling flow in addiction issues. Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social Networking, 20(3), 1-7.
- Trivedi, R. (2016). Does university play a significant role in shaping entrepreneurial intention? A Cross-country Comparative analysis. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development. 23(3), 790-811.
- Trivedi, R., Patel, J., & Savalia, J. (2015). Pro-environmental behavior and willingness to pay for environmental friendly products in emerging market: An empirical analysis. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 33(1), 67-89.
- Patel, J., Trivedi, R., & Savalia, J. (2015). MGA Entertainment, Consumer Entertainment Products Company: Marketing Strategies for Bratz. South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, 4(2), 226-239.
- Varsha, J., Trivedi, R., Joshi, V., & Daswani, A. (2015). Does Explicit Comparative Advertising affect Indian Consumers Attitudes towards Low and High-involvement Product? International Journal of Emerging Markets, 10(1), 122-140.
- Ranchhod, A., Gurau, C., Trivedi, R., & Euripides, L. (2014). Evaluating the educational effectiveness of simulation games: A value-generation model. Information Sciences, 264, 75-90.
- Trivedi, R. (2014). Are we committed to teach entrepreneurship? A Cross-country analysis between business lectures of India, Singapore and Malaysia. Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in Global Economy, 8(1), 71-81.
- Trivedi, R. (2013). Entrepreneurship, its conceptualization and teaching in business schools: Management Lecturers’ Perspective. South Asian Journal of Management, 20(1), 38-61.
- Trivedi, R., Savalia, J., & Patel, J. (2011). An empirical study for developing scale and profiling technopreneur based upon their technopreneurial motive. International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, 10(5), 1-19.
- Trivedi, R., Patel, J., & Savalia, J. (2011). Pro-environmental behavior of consumers: A taxonomy and its implications for the green marketer. South Asian Journal of Management, 18(4), 121-132.
- Trivedi, R., Oza, B., & Savalia, J. (2010). Technopreneurial competence and its relationship with social and environmental factors: An empirical study. International Journal of Business Environment, 3(1), pp. 74-94.
- Trivedi, R., Savalia, J., & Patel, J. (2009). Linking technopreneurial competence and education to business growth. International Journal of Technoentrepreneurship. 2(2), 168-185.
- Trivedi, R., (2009). Exploring the Concept of Social responsibility from stakeholders’ perspectives: A review of Literature. International Journal of Management Sciences, 5(1), 205-215.
Key Research Funding, Consultancy Projects and Research-based Products
- Japan Forum of Business and Society (JFBS) Research Grant 2019 (Co-investigator) Project title: Empirical analysis of green management practices among firms in Japan. Project cost: ¥300000 (approx. £2300) - Principal investigator: Dr Kyoko Fukukawa, Professor, Hitotsubashi University Japan.
- IBMB Research Centre Seed Funding 2018 (Principal investigator). Project title: A study to analyse drivers of green management practices and firm performance across Asia, Europe and North America. Project cost: £500 funded by University of Bradford
- Research-based Product– MIMI 2014 (Principal investigator). Project title: MICA Indian Marketing Intelligence (MIMI) - 2014. Project description: MIMI is a research-based proprietary product aligned with MICA’s mission of conducting applied research to serve the need of marketing and communication industry. MIMI provides software integrated interactive socio-economic, marketing and media-specific secondary data along with customized Market Potential Index and Sector-specific Indices. The data is available for 630 districts of India encompassing all the States and Union Territories separately for rural, urban and total Indian market. Key Subscribers of MIMI: Boston Consultancy Group (BCG), Mindshare Consulting, Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Kozhikode, etc.), DDB Mudra, Bennett Coleman etc. Project Funding: INR 2.5 million (approx. £28000) funded by MICA. Co-investigators: Dr. Vina Vani and Dr. Shailesh Yagnik - Website: www.mica-mimi.in
- UNICEF (India) WASMO Impact Assessment Study, 2012 (Principal investigator). Project Title: Training need assessment for Water and Sanitation Management Organization (WASMO) employees.. Project cost: £2700 funded by UNICEF (India). Co-investigator: Dr Hemant Trivedi, Professor, MICA (India).
- Commonwealth-AMDISA International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2008. Project title: Entrepreneurial career intention and constraints among final year management post-graduates in India, Singapore and Malaysia: A comparative study. Project cost: £ 3500 funded by SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Corporation) and AMDISA (Association of Management Development in South Asia).
- Consultancy project for Accusol Technologies LLC (USA) in 2016. Project title: Product development, business development and marketing communication plan for GFOIT – Restaurant reservation, space aggregation and back-end process streamlining for USA market’.
- Consultancy project DDB Mudra (India), 2014. Project title: MIMI Fusion Marketing Tool. Project description: MIMI Fusion is a research-based proprietary product developed for DDB Mudra (India) that brings together various sources of data to understand rural districts of India from a multidimensional perspective. The data fusion tool is composed of data related to socio-economic, demographic, brand penetration, media consumption and consumer behavior data collected from various authentic sources and analyzed to design relevant indices that help the marketer to take better strategic marketing decision.
- Consultancy project for Mr. Puff brand of Mitesh Foods Pvt Ltd. (India) in 2014. Project title: Marketing strategy formulation, marketing research and franchisee selection process design for Mr. Puff to enter in Ahmedabad (India) market. Co-researcher: Dr Hemant Trivedi
- Consultancy project for TTK Prestige Ltd. (India), 2013. Project title: Market analysis of three product lines of TTK Prestige for Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
- Consultancy project in collaboration with DDB Mudra (India), 2012-2013. Project title: Shopper marketing – Path to purchase for Indian shopper.
Education and Qualifications
2019: Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (FHEA) - The Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom.
2015-18: Postdoctoral Fellow in Marketing - Chair of Marketing and Innovation, University of Hamburg, Germany.
2016: Deutsch-Test für Zuwanderer – B1 Level - Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge, Deutschland. Gesamtergebins B1.
2008 : Commonwealth–AMDISA Postdoctoral Fellowship 2008 (Management).
2005-07: Doctor of Philosophy (Commerce-Management, Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar.
2004: U.G.C. – N.E.T. (National Eligibility Test - Management), University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
2001-04: Master of Business Administration (Finance and Marketing), Indira Gandhi National Open University.
2001-03: Master of Commerce (Business Management – Marketing), Department of Commerce, Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
1999-01: Bachelor of Commerce, R. P. Bhalodiya College, Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
Dr. Marina Tsoi
Area of responsibility:
Research fellow at the Chair of Marketing and Innovation
Studying behavior of buyers in the service market, including the market of tourist services, educational services etc. and development of methods and techniques of consumer segmentation, modeling and forecasting market demands.
- 1998 - 2001 Candidate of Science Degree (Ph.D. Economics, Novosibirsk State Technical University (NSTU), Novosibirsk, Russia
- 1996 - 1998 Masters of Management, NSTU, Novosibirsk, Russia
- 1992 - 1996 Bachelor of Management, NSTU, Novosibirsk, Russia
- 1992 - 1996 Bachelor of Management, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin China
- 2009 - present Head of Marketing Office, Novosibirsk State Technical University (NSTU), Novosibirsk, Russia
- 2003 - present Ass. Prof. of Market Theory Department, Novosibirsk State Technical University (NSTU), Novosibirsk, Russia
- 2002 - present Ass Prof. of Department of Management, Socio-Cultural Service and Tourism, St. Petersburg Academy of Management and Economics, Novosibirsk Branch, Novosibirsk, Russia
- 2005 - 2007 Marketing Specialist, Scientific and Production Assiciation "Biotest", Novosibirsk, Russia
- 2002 - 2004 Market Research Specialist, "Center of Business Education Cfera", Novosibirsk, Russia
- 2001 - 2002 Senior Lecturer of Market Theory Department, Novosibirsk State Technical University (NSTU), Novosibirsk, Russia
- 1999 - 2001 Assistant of Market Theory Department, Novosibirsk State Technical University (NSTU), Novosibirsk, Russia
- 2010 - present Joint research project with Holding Company "Siberian Giant", Estimation of effectiveness of marketing efforts based on ABC method
- 2009 - 2010 Federal priority project "Education, analysis of consumers' preferences in the market of educational services"
- 2008 - 2009 NSTU research project "Analysis of key competence of graduates at the job market of Novosibirsk"
- 2007 - 2008 NSTU research project "The impact of family members on buyers' decision process"
- 2004 - 2006 Project of administration of Novosibirsk region "Investigation of children-buyers' behavior in Russia as a specific target group"
- Juni - August 2011 Grant of DAAD for scientific research in the field of customer behavior, Universität Hamburg, Chair of Marketing and Innovation
- October 2007 Grant of DAAD for scientific research in the field of customer behavior, Universität Bremen
- October 2004 Grant of DAAD for scientific research in the field of international marketing and marketing research, Universität Bremen
- Mai - Sept. 2004 Grant of Tempus/Tasis T-JEP 23068-2002 program "Siberian Network of centres of European Union Studies"
- Juni 2003 Grant of European Bank of Reconstruction and Development for participation in The European Applied Business Research Conference / Venice, Italy
- Sept. 2002 Grant of Overseas Korean Foundation for participation in The 3rd Young Professionals Technology and Entrepreneurship Conference/Seoul, South Korea
- 1999 - 2000 Russian Federation Presidential Scholarship for Young Researchers/Novosibirsk, Russia
- 1997 - 1998 Grant of NTSU, Novosibirsk, Russia
- Tsoi M., Application of the ABC-analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing actions at the retail store . / The Almanac "Price formation in the store, 2011, 98-103.
- Tsoi M., Tshekoldin V. Motivating factors at the market of educational services . / Marketing, 2010, ? 5. – 97-105. (in Russian).
- Tsoi M., Tshekoldin V. Analysis of consumers' preferences in the market of educational services / Integral, 2010. - ? 4. – 23-29. (in Russian).
- Tsoi M., Tshekoldin V. Analysis of key competence of graduates at the job market of Novosibirsk / Herald of Belgorod University of Consumer's Co-operation, 2009. - ? 4-2. - 142-147. (in Russian).
- Tsoi M., Place and potential of Russia in the global educational market /VI International Scintific Conference «International Marketing and Management in the Higher Educational Institutions. The devepopment in crysis»: proceeding, Kransoyrsk , Russia . – Kransoyrsk: Siberian State Aerospace University , 2009. - 58-62. ( in English ).
- Tsoi M., The Development of Program System for the On-line Marketing Research / The 5 th International Scientific Conference «Information Technology in business»: conference materials, St. Petersburg , Russia . - St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance, 2009. - 17-19. (in Russian).
- Tsoi M., Tshekoldin V., The impact of family members on buyers' decision process / The Problems of Modern Economy: Eurasian International Scientific Analytic Journal, 2008. - ?4 (28). - 311-315. (in Russian).
- Tsoi M., The Marketing research of Russian children as specific target group /Marketing and Marketing Research, 2007. - ? 6 (72). - 502-513. (in Russian).
Textbook and teaching manuals:
- Titova V., Tsoi M., Technology of marketing research . Novosibirsk , Novosibirsk State Technical University , 2011. - 60 (in Russian).
- Tsoi M., Titova V., Mamonova E., Marketing management . Monograph. Novosibirsk , Novosibirsk State Technical University , 2005. - 450 (in Russian).
- Tsoi M., Titova V., Liamzin O., Marketing foundations. Novosibirsk , Novosibirsk State Technical University , 2008. - 380 (in Russian).