The front office in the Department of Social Sciences liaises between the department and the office of the dean in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences. It centrally coordinates all administrative matters. These include preparing and implementing decisions as well as answering administrative queries. It serves all members of the department.
Our task areas include:
- steering departmental resources
- financing tutorials (from the department’s budget)
- financing proofreading assistance (from the department’s budget)
- fostering better teaching (guest lectures)
- fostering better teaching (field trips)
- supporting committees, especially the departmental council and the committee for teaching, studies and academic reform (LuST-Ausschuss) preparing and implementing resolutions passed by the departmental committees (e.g., organizing committee positions, agreements on teaching plans)
- departmental statements (e.g. research sabbaticals, additional gainful employment notifications for the purpose of adjunct teaching, Habilitationen [post-doctoral qualification], descriptions for special jobs)
- supporting academic search procedures
- posting news and information on the department’s home page and calendar (inform us if you have any news at webmastersowi.wiso"AT"uni-hamburg.de)
- Room management
Conference room 419 in AP1 can be used by all departmental members and can be booked via STiNE.
The Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences provides further helpful information on all administrative matters at the University on its faculty forms page.
The Social Sciences Academic Office can help with all questions about studying and teaching.
Feel free to contact the front office with any further questions. We will do our best to refer you to the right contacts.