Loan Options for teaching staff (WiSo/BWL)
As part of the measures to contain CoVid-19, you can only borrow books that you have previously ordered.
As a member of the teaching staff of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences (WiSo) or the Faculty of Business Administration (Hamburg Business School), the Business and Economics Library and the Social Sciences Library offer you special lending conditions.
Find out about your loan options for the various collection groups.
Do you need a library card?
|Collection||Loan Period||Renewal Options|
|Special collection||1 year||automatically *|
|Textbook collection **||28 days||3 times|
|Requested materials from the ZBW ***||21 days|
|Use only in the library|
Special collection (call number groups 3 and 11)
Books with a red dot
* Automatical renewal for four weeks if item is not reserved. The library card must be valid with fines less than 10 Euro.
** Via your user account of the Katalogplus.
*** Please order and renew items Via the ZBW request form; the renewal request must be placed at least one day before the expiry date.
LOAN OPTIONS IN DETAIL
What are the loan periods?
You can review the loan periods (expiry dates) of the media you have checked out via your user account of the Katalogplus.
- Items may be borrowed for a guaranteed period of one year. The items will be automatically renewed for an additional period of four weeks, provided they have not been requested by other library users.
- If the item has been requested by another library user, it must be returned to the library on or before the due date.
- Two weeks before an item is due, borrowers receive an email for the item that must be returned.
- Items from the textbook collection can be borrowed for 28 days and need to be renewed via your user account of the Campus Catalogue.
- An item can be renewed before the due date, provided it has not been requested by other library users.
- Three days before an item is due, borrowers receive an email for the item that must be returned.
How many items can be borrowed at a time?
- Academic staff can borrow 100 items at a time. Further items (up to 200) can be borrowed at the circulation desk.
Who do these lending rules apply to?
- Professors and junior professors as well as research associates of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Business Administration may borrow library items based on these special lending rules.
- Research associates of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences or the Faculty of Business Administration must have a current employment contract (no former employees).
- The extended loan period is based on membership in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences or the Faculty of Business Administration. If the professor or junior professor leaves one of these faculties before the end of the loan period, the due date is shortened and automatically switches to the end date of the membership upon which all books have to be returned.
- Retired professors may take advantage of the special lending rules if they demonstrate that they continue to work for one of the two faculties.
What happens when items are overdue or lost?
- Please return the items with an exceeded loan period immediately. As long as you do not return these items, borrowing and renewing are disabled.
- Fees and fines will be charged in accordance with the current „Gebührenordnung für wissenschaftliche Bibliotheken der UHH“ (PDF) (in German only).