Examination regulations and Subject-Specific Provisions
Examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung):
The examination regulations define the general structure and examination procedure for all Master of Arts (MA) degree programs in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences. For all MIBAS students the Examination Regulations for the Master of Arts (MA) Degree Programs in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences dated 15 June 2016 (Prüfungsordnung für die Fakultät für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften mit dem Abschluss Master of Arts vom 15. Juni 2016) apply, plus the relevant amendments.
Subject-Specific Provisions (Fachspezifische Bestimmungen):
The Subject-Specific Provisions supplement the Examination Regulations, define program details and provide information about the modules of the MIBAS. For MIBAS, the Subject-Specific Provisions for the Master of Arts in International Business and Sustainabilty (Fachspezifische Bestimmungen für den Masterstudiengang International Business and Sustainability) apply, depending on the year you started MIBAS:
- Program start as of winter semester 2019/2020: The Prüfungsordnung is supplemented by the Subject-Specific Provisions for the Master of Arts in International Business and Sustainability dated 28 November 2018.
- Program start between winter semester 2016/2017 and 2018/2019: Subject-Specific Provisions for the Master of Arts in International Business and Sustainability dated 15 June 2016
- Program start winter semester 2015/2016 and winter semester 2014/2015: Subject-Specific Provisions dated 9 July 2014
- Program start winter semester 2013/2014: Subject-Specific Provisions dated 6 February 2013
MIBAS is offered with a new profile: the curriculum has been updated and expanded, with a new program title and academic degree reflecting the change. Pending the approval of the relevant bylaws through the WiSo Faculty Council and the UHH Executive University Board, the following rules for admissions and the course of studies will become effective for applicants and new students for the winter semester 2023/2024.
Information about the MA MIBAS for studens who started in winter semester 2022/2023 or earlier can be found under curriculum and course overview.
Frequently asked questions about the new curriculum starting in winter semester 2023/2024 according to subject specific provision can be found under program outline.
For information on MIBAS debates, exchange programs, etc. please visit the program's website of Prof. Alexander Bassen.
Members of the Qualitätszirkel are professors teaching in MIBAS, students and the responsible program coordinator. Meetings of the Qualitätszirkel generally take place once per semester to discuss and initiate changes regarding the study program. The Program Director of MIBAS is the chair of the Qualitätszirkel.
The members in winter semester 2022/23 are:
- Alexander Bassen, Professor
- Kerstin Lopatta, Professor
- Daniel Geiger, Professor
- Katharina Wolters, Academic Staff
- Kai Mast, Student
- Svea Hoffhenke, Student
- Nian Chen, Student
- Therese Gramsch, Student
- Anja Kruse, Program Coordinator