Iris Seidemann, M.Sc.
Consultation hours: Tuesday 03:00pm - 04:00pm (Please make an appointment via email).
Note: there are NO regular consultation hours during the semester break.
Iris Seidemann joined the Chair for Organization Studies as a doctoral researcher in October 2019. She accomplished a bachelor’s degree in 'Governance and Public Policy’ from University of Passau, concentrating on political theories and research on populist parties. During her studies, she worked at the Jean Monnet Chair of European Politics . After her bachelor, she completed a trainee program in fashion management and worked as a department manager at Peek & Cloppenburg KG as well as at the tech-startup Fashion Cloud in Hamburg.
Iris attained her master’s degree in ‘Interdisciplinary Public and Nonprofit Studies’ (PUNO) at University of Hamburg where her scientific interests focused on philanthrocapitalism and organizational legitimacy. Currently, her research interests include legitimacy repair and phenomena of organizational tensions and paradoxes within the context of grand challenges.
Peer reviewed conference proceedings and presentations:
- Seidemann, I.: "Taking a Step Back to Move Forward: Challenging the Paradox Debate in Organization Studies through Problematization", AMOR Colloquium at Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg, Harburg 2020.
- Seidemann, I.:“The Process of Repairing Organizational Legitimacy: Toward an Understanding of the Paradoxical Nature of Legitimacy Repair”, Academy of Management Conference, Vancouver 2020.
- Seidemann, I.:“The Process of Repairing Organizational Legitimacy: Toward an Understanding of the Paradoxical Nature of Legitimacy Repair”, 36th EGOS Colloquium, Hamburg 2020.
Summer term 2020
- Grundkurs Organisation, B.A.
- Organisationstheorie und -entwicklung, M.A.
Winter term 2019/2020
- Grundkurs BWL, B.A.
- International Organizations: Structures, Processes and Culture, M.A.