During the application period, please complete the STiNE online application form provided by the admissions office of the University of Hamburg (https://www.stine.uni-hamburg.de). After your online application, print out the report of your online application and send this report along with the following documents:
- STiNE application form, printed out and signed
- Up-to-date Transcript of Records (uncertified copy, in English or German translation, if applicable). Please note that your transcript should include a GPA*
- Bachelor degree certificate (uncertified copy in English or German translation, if already available)*
- Letter of motivation (max. 500 words, in English)
- Proof of English language skills (uncertified copy)**
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers in your primary degree program. Both lecturers must hold a PhD and must be full-time employees of an institute of higher education.
Chinese applicants are requested to provide an APS Certificate as part of their application documents.
The application documents may be submitted either in German or in English.
* If you have not finished your primary degree yet, you must submit an official proof of your current GPA (CGPA) along with your application documents. If your transcript of records or Bachelor degree certificate does not specify a GPA please calculate it by yourself in your original grading system and indicate it in the STiNE application form. During the admissions process your declaration will be verified and transferred into the German grading system if necessary.
** Applicants who, at the time of their application, have not passed one of the tests listed, must provide a proof of their registration for the next possible test date (e.g. print out of the online registration). In this case, the deadline for late-submission of the test results will be postponed until May, 31.
Please send your application documents to:
Program Coordination M.Sc. Politics, Economics and Philosophy
Von-Melle-Park 5, Entrance C