Theses and Term Paper
Master's and Bachelor's Theses
We supervise Bachelor's and Master's theses of students looking to study topics in Media Economics and Economic Policy. If you wish to write a Bachelor's thesis or a Master's thesis at the professorship for Media Economics please contact Timo Koch via email.
Furthermore, we would like to ask you to answer the following quenstions:
- Problem description (What did you observe, what is interesting about your observing?)
- Research status (What papers are similar to your problem, what researches are already done, do they have open questions?)
- Research issue (What is the question you would like to have answered in the end of your thesis? There can be a top question and side issues. Important: There is a difference between a research interest and a research question)
- Theory (on what theory would you like to base your research?)
- Method (this is very important. Would you like to do a qualitative research or a quantitative? Would you like to do a content analysis or a regression analysis?)
- Material access (How do you get the access to the dates/ articles you need? Which databank are you able to use?)
- Working plan (When would you like to start?)
- Literature (the literature you use for point 1, 2, 4, 5)
- Open Questions (please formulate concrete open questions, so that we are able to discuss it in our meeting)
For details on the Universität Hamburg’s procedures for Bachelor's or Masters's theses please consult your Academic Office.