Doctoral studies in Public Management
If you are interested in doing a doctoral degree at our chair, please contact us for further information. Current vacancies are listed in the News section or on the Job opportunities site of Universität Hamburg. We are not able to supervise external (part-time) doctoral studies.
- Opportunity to do a doctoral degree in a result-oriented, cooperative and open team
- Participation in national and international conferences and cooperation with renowned national and international scientists and organizations.
- A broad variety of research topics within the field of Public Management (leadership, motivation, behavior, cooperation).
- Numerous national and international training opportunities.
- Close involvement into empirical research and intensive supervision.
- Strong interest in research and pleasure in writing research papers for publication in international journals.
- Comprehensive theoretical knowledge in the fields of behavioral management, organization and leadership research with reference to the public sector (Public Management).
- Sound applied knowledge in methods of empirical social research.
- Above-average university degree in business studies, administrative sciences, (organization) psychology or closely related subjects.
- Advanced English language skills (both spoken and written).
- Analytical skills, ability to work independently, organization and communication skills, ability to work under pressure, team spirit.