Sustainability Management in Business Practice
|6 Leistungspunkte (4 SWS)
|Dr. Sven Lundie
|Today companies are facing more and more the challenge of sustainability. Hence, future-oriented companies do need to figure out how to become more sustainable. When engaging in sustainability companies have to answer questions such as
- What is the business value of sustainability?
- What is the companies´ current status quo on sustainability?
- What are material issues to the company?
- Who are relevant stakeholders? How to engage with them?
- How to implement sustainability in product development?
This seminar is designed towards the practical implications and day-to-day challenges of sustainability management. In part one of the seminar a general introduction to course and its requirements is given and the background to the topic is introduced. A case study is investigated and discussed.
For part two students are asked to develop a strategic plan how to answer the above listed questions in order to position the firm in a more sustainable manner in the competitive market. Student(s) will work on one of the questions above as a homework (based on academic literature and real-world examples). Each participant is asked to present her/his results at the end of the seminar.