Anne Gerstenberg, M.A.
Key aspects of activity
- CLICCS B2 - Dynamics of Climate Governance: Norms, Contestation, and Policies
Anne Gerstenberg is a doctoral researcher at the University of Hamburg in the Cluster of Excellence "Climate, Climatic Change, and Society" (CliCCS). In the interdisciplinary research project "Perceptions of Climate Policy Instruments" led by Prof. Kai-Uwe Schnapp (Political Science) and Prof. Grischa Perino (Economics), she is researching policy makers perceptions of climate policy instruments and which role they play in policy making. The project is mainly interested in climate policy instruments in the electricity and industrial sectors at the EU and member state level. The project aims at a better understanding of the goals, perceptions, and preferences about specific climate policy instruments from those who help shape and implement them. Furthermore, she is working with Prof. Katharina Zimmermann on the project "The Social Dimension of the European Green Deal".
Her research interests include European Integration, Social and Labour Policy, Gender- and Post-Colonial Studies and Environmental and Climate Policy. She has expertise in conducting qualitative and quantitative methods such as expert interviews, qualitative network analysis, regression-based policy evaluation, supervised machine learning and text-as-data analysis. In her Master’s theses, she researched Zambian Parliamentarians’ perceptions of Social Protection Policy (Maastricht) and conducted a supervised machine learning approach to study abusive language on Twitter against female Parliamentarians in Germany (Potsdam).
Anne Gerstenberg at ResearchGate.
- 2018-2021: M.A. Public Policy and Administration, University of Potsdam
- 2019-2020: M.Sc. Public Policy and Human Development, Double degree between Maastricht University and the United Nations University (Merit); Specialization: Social Protection Policy taught in cooperation with the International Labour Organization
- 2016/17 : ERASMUS at Sorbonne nouvelle Paris 3 in European Studies
- 2014-2018: B.A. Political Science and Sociology, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- Since 2021: Doctoral Researcher at the Cluster of Excellence “Climate, Climatic Change, and Society” (CliCCS) as part of the research group "Dynamics of Climate Governance: Norms, Contestation, and Policies"
- 2020-2021: Student Assistant at the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
- 2020: Intern at the German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- 2019: Student Assistant at the Environmental Policy Research Centre (FFN) at FU Berlin
- 2018: Intern at the Rwanda National Commission for UNESCO
- 2015-2018: Student Assistant at the Chair of Comparative Political Science at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- Summer term 2023:
Grundkurs Methoden der empirischen Sozialforschung im Bachelor Soziologie/Politikwissenschaft, Universität Hamburg
Please, find the details on the teaching team page.
- Kuss, M. K., & Gerstenberg, A. (2023). The role of elected politicians in donor‐led social protection: Insights from Zambia. Social Policy & Administration. https://doi.org/10.1111/spol.12922.
- Gerstenberg, A. (2018). The EP Elections of 2014–the impact of the Spitzenkandidaten on politicisation. Münchner Beiträge zur Politikwissenschaft (B.A. Thesis).
- 2023 Tagung des DVPW Arbeitskreises Umweltpolitik/Global Change: “Umwelt- und Klimapolitik in Bewegung"
- 2022 ECPR General Conference
- 2022 Development Studies Association Annual Conference (DSA): “Just sustainable futures in an urbanising and mobile world” (presented in the Panel: ‘States, Citizens and Social Protection In Africa’)