Publikationen und Forschungspapiere
- The Urbanising Force of Global Warming: The Role of Climate Change in the Spatial Distribution of Population,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Tom McDermott, Journal of Economic Geography, Forthcoming. Link to article. Draft version
- Population, Light, and the Size Distribution of Cities,
joint work with Christian Düben. Journal of Regional Science 61(1), 2021, pp.189-211.
Link to article. Online appendix
- Rising Mean Incomes for Whom?,
joint work with Liang Frank Shao. PlosOne 15(12), 2020, e0242803. Link to article. Online appendix 1. Online appendix 2
- Convergence vs. The Middle Income Trap: The Case of Global Soccer,
joint work with Stefan Szymanski. Applied Economics 51(27), 2019, pp.2980-2999.
Link to article. Online appendix. Working Paper version.
- The Millennium Peak in Club Convergence - A New Look at Distributional Changes in the Wealth of Nations. Journal of Applied Econometrics 32(3), 2017, pp.621-642.
Link to article. Online appendix. Link to data archive. Draft version.
- Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function, Review of Income and Wealth 60, 2014, pp.905-929. Link to article. Online appendix. Download draft version.
- Top Lights - Bright Cities and Their Contribution to Economic Development, joint work with Richard Bluhm. CESifo Working Paper 7411, Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Development Economics.
- The Emperor's Geography - City Locations, Nature and Institutional Optimalization,
joint work with Christian Düben. SSRN Working Paper 3713325, Revise and Resubmit at Economic Journal.
- The Geographical Determinants of Within-City Heterogeneity in Urban Density,
joint work with André Seidel. CESifo Working Paper 8660.
- Density, Cities, and Pollution: A Global View,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Elisa Dienesch. SSRN Working Paper 3735128.
Work in Progress:
- Regional Convergence at the County Level: The Role of Commuters,
joint work with Sebastian Kripfganz.
- Growth and Spatial Inequality,
joint work with Richard Bluhm and Christian Lessmann.