Publikationen und Forschungspapiere
- Global Warming and Urban Structure: New Evidence on Climate Change and the Spatial Distribution of Population and Economic Activity,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Tom McDermott, Journal of Economic Geography, Conditionally Accepted. Draft version
- Population, Light, and the Size Distribution of Cities,
joint work with Christian Düben. Journal of Regional Science, Forthcoming.
Link to article. Online appendix
- Convergence vs. The Middle Income Trap: The Case of Global Soccer,
joint work with Stefan Szymanski. Applied Economics 51(27), 2019, pp.2980-2999.
Link to article. Online appendix. Working Paper version.
- The Millennium Peak in Club Convergence - A New Look at Distributional Changes in the Wealth of Nations. Journal of Applied Econometrics 32, 2017, pp.621-642.
Link to article. Download online appendix. Link to data archive. Download draft version.
- Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function, Review of Income and Wealth 60, 2014, pp.905-929. Link to article. Download draft version.
- Top Lights - Bright Cities and Their Contribution to Economic Development, joint work with Richard Bluhm. CESifo Working Paper 7411.
- Rising Mean Incomes for Whom?, joint work with Liang Frank Shao. LIS Working Paper 753.
- Density, City Structure, and Pollution: A Global View,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Elisa Dienesch.
Work in Progress:
- Regional Convergence at the County Level: The Role of Commuters,
joint work with Sebastian Kripfganz.
- The Emperor's Geography - City Locations, Nature and Institutional Optimalization,
joint work with Christian Düben.
- The Geographical Determinants of Within-City Heterogeneity in Urban Density,
joint work with André Seidel.
- Growth and Spatial Inequality,
joint work with Richard Bluhm and Christian Lessmann.