Letter of Recommendation
Students may ask for a recommendation letter at our professorship (e.g. for applying at a foreign university).
Please note that you have to meet certain minimum requirements in order to obtain a recommendation letter and that we issue two recommendation letters maximum per person.
- main study subject in financial economics (documented by at least two courses)
- why should the professor recommend you? (letter of motivation)
- What are your interests in financial economics? (letter of motivation)
If you want to apply for a recommendation letter please send all supporting documents two weeks before submission deadline at the latest (up to six weeks in advance) to derivate.wiso(at)uni-hamburg.de(derivate.wiso"AT"uni-hamburg.de).
Please note the following general guidelines:
The letter of motivation (in English if necessary) should possibly contain the following information:
- How long does the professor know you and from which courses?
- What are your main study interests?
- What are your interests beyond your studies?
- What professional career are you aiming at?
- Current transcript of records (from STiNE is sufficient)
- Application deadlines and if available form of university (please fill in your personal data!)
- If necessary prepaid and addressed return envelope (maximum 2 envelopes)
Contact person: Johannes Heuel