* Terrorism and child mortality (with D. Meierrieks).
* War kills trust, low trust continues to kill: Violence, vaccination, and child mortality
* Deaths of democracy? Electoral stability and COVID-19 mortality (with H. Cloléry, G. Kon Kam King, and D. Morisi)
* Disease threat and the activation of antisemitism (with E. Kanol)
* Voting in anticipation of crisis: Voter choice at the dawn of the COVID-19 pandemic (with A. Leininger).
* Global terrorism and local extremist violence (with E. Kanol).
* Genocide and revolution: The legacy of mass violence and political activism in Armenia (with R. Hakimov).
* Sexual violence, trauma, and politics in Bosnia (with A. Henic).
* Political effects of large-scale sexual violence: Evidence from the former Soviet occupation zone (with A. Henic).
* Violence and the desire to leave: Victimization and migration aspirations in Nigeria.
* Supernatural beliefs predict migration behavior (with D. Auer and J. Gereke).
* Diaspora influence and revolution: Causal evidence from the Armenian diaspora (with R. Hakimov).
* Mass emigration and the liberalism gap (with D. Auer)