Prof. Dr. Gerd Mühlheußer
Professor of Economics, Microeconomics and Industrial Organization
- Thursdays 4 to 5 p.m. (please ask for appointments)
Applied Microeconomics: Contract Theory, Industrial Organization, Personnel and Organizational Economics, Law & Economics, Behavioral Economics, Economics of Sports, and Environmental Economics.
- Since 2011: Full Professor of Economics (W3), University of Hamburg, Germany
- 2008-2011: Associate Professor (W2), University of Bielefeld, Germany
- 2003-2008: Assistant Professor, University of Bern, Switzerland
- 2005-2006: Visiting Scholar, Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Evanston, USA
- 2002-2003: Jean Monnet Fellow, European University Institute, Florence, Italy
- 1999-2002: European Doctoral Programme in Quantitative Economics, University of Bonn, Germany, and London School of Economics, UK
- 1998: Diploma in Economics, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Managing Editor, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE): www.mohr.de/jite
Cost of completion versus diminution of value damages for deliberate breach: An economic analysis: Comment. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), forthcoming.
Black Sheep or Scapegoats? Implementable Monitoring Policies With Unobservable Levels of Misbehavior. The Journal of Legal Studies, 45(2), 331–366, 2016 (with B. Buechel).
The Impact of Managerial Change on Performance. The Role of Team Heterogeneity. Economic Inquiry, 54(2), 1128-1149, 2016 (with S. Schneemann and D. Sliwka).
Repeated Selection with Heterogenous Individuals and Relative Age Effects. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 116, 387–406, 2015 (with H. Dawid).
Gender Differences in Honesty: Groups Versus Individuals. Economics Letters, 128(March), 25–29, 2015 (with A. Roider and N. Wallmeier).
Optimal incentive contracts for knowledge workers. European Economic Review, 67(April), 82-106, 2014 (with F. Englmaier and A. Roider).
Contracts as rent seeking devices: Evidence from German soccer. Economic Inquiry, 53(1), 714–730, 201 (with E. Feess and M.Gerfin).
Sequential Location Games. RAND Journal of Economics, 42(4), 639–663, 2011 (with S. Loertscher).
Screening in courts: On the joint use of negligence and causation standards. Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization, 27(2), 350–375, 2011 (with E. Feess and A. Wohlschlegel).
How often should you open the door? Optimal monitoring to screen heterogeneous agents. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 67, 820–831, 2008 (with A. Ichino).
Black sheep and walls of silence. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 65, 387–408, 2008 (with A. Roider).
Global and local players in a model of spatial competition. Economics Letters, 98(1),100–106, 2008 (with S. Loertscher).
Transfer fee regulations in European football. European Economic Review, 47(4), 645–668, 2003 (with E. Feess).
Work in Progress
Efficiency, equality and leadership (with E. Feess and A. Lange).
The Law and Economics of Whistleblower Protection: A Cheap-Talk Approach (with L. Mechtenberg und A. Roider)
Product Line Competition (with S. Loertscher)