hroot (Hamburg Registration and Organization Online Tool)
hroot (Hamburg Registration and Organization Online Tool) is a web-based software designed for managing participants of economic experiments.
hroot is created in a collaborative process and is constantly improved by its users. In order to ease and enhance the cooperation of all interested users of hroot we have set up a GitHub platform on the internet. There you will always find the latest version of hroot, as well as a wiki with a detailed installation guide. In GitHub you may also report errors to us. Especially it is possible to document your changes of the hroot code on this collaborative project site, so that the improvements of individual users are quickly available to all other licensees.
In order to obtain the software via the GitHub platform, please register for a (free) user account on https://github.com and send us please 4 signed copies of the attached license agreement. You will immediately receive your own GitHub-User-ID there. If you then simply tell us your GitHub username, we will enroll you asap for the hroot project.
hroot is a software project of the University of Hamburg. If you have questions that go beyond the wiki documentation, please feel free to contact the WiSo-Research Laboratory of the University of Hamburg. If you want to try out the software, feel free to try out our test server.
- important features to assure randomized invitation process based on a filtered, pre-specified subject pool
- complete documentation of the selection procedure for potential participants of an experiment.
- detailed statistics, subject pool filtering, and an internal calendar
- continuous support and update service for the software
- citeware: free to use when citing us
- a wiki with a detailed installation guide
- installation support
- GitHub platform in the Internet
- send us your username, we enroll you
- find the latest version of hroot
- cite Bock, Olaf, Ingmar Baetge & Andreas Nicklisch (2014). hroot – Hamburg registration and organization online tool. European Economic Review 71, 117-120 in all publications using hroot.
- current version 3.0 (June 2016)
- cooperate with other users, document your changes
- get support from the hroot team
- report errors to us