The goal of every marketer is to create more value for customers, putting the customer at the heart of marketing. Creating customer value is what marketers engage themselves in, starting with understanding consumer needs, wants and demands. Deciding target markets that can be served best by the organization and developing appropriate value proposition to attract, keep and grow the target consumer base is the core of marketing practice.
Marketing in Asia leads the student through understanding the concepts of customer value and marketing strategy under different cultural backgrounds, different regulations and different consumer preferences, etc. The course focuses on factors that influence market strategies in different Asian countries. It's about getting to know how to optimize strategic business decisions (e.g., advertising, market entrance) based on the specific culture, values, consumer preferences as well as technical level. Theory and models are based on the market, adopting a country-based view on marketing strategies. Case studies will be discussed to further elaborate on the theoretical foundations.
Lecture contents are taken up in the exercise in different ways.
· Relate basic principles of marketing and concepts driving the practice of marketing.
· Recognize different marketing practices in different Asian countries and relate them to theoretical underpinnings.
· Illustrate understanding of theories learnt in resolving contemporary marketing challenges.
· Apply theoretical concepts to real life / simulated situations.
· Formulate marketing plan and design strategy components/elements
Lectures shall be used to deliver key concepts and theories of marketing making in selected Asian countries. Reading of key and supplemental text both independent and directed shall be the basis for discussions. Case studies and academic papers will be used to encourage critical thinking and analysis.
Cases and real-life marketing examples shall be used in exercise sessions for critique, analysis, and discussions.
2. Cultural Influences
3. Consumer Behavior
· Consumer Behavioral Fundamentals
· Consumer Decision Process
4. Advertisement in Asian Countries
· Theoretical background about advertisement
· Advertisement Fundamentals
· Psychological processes in response to advertisements
· Specific Audiences: Cultural context
5. Market entrance theories
6. Technology Innovation in Marketing
7. Marketing application examples in certain countries
8. CSR Approaches in Asian Countries
Additional information regarding the examination:
Take-home exam (90 minutes):
1. Date: 25.07.2022, 12:30 bis 01.08.2022, 14:00 Uhr
2. Date: 07.10.2022, 08:30 bis 14.10.2022, 10:00 Uhr