Main Research Interests
My work crosses the fields of Empirical Macroeconomics and Applied Econometrics with the following main interests:
- Analysis of Economic Growth
- Income Inequality and Distribution
- Economic Development
I aim to better understand the following topics:
- What are the reasons that some countries are so much richer than others?
- How can we appropriately measure income inequality and it's main contributing factors in a country?
- What are the interdependencies between income inequality and economic growth?
- How can we measure economic activity on a regional level using nighttime lights? (for further information please refer to our current research project funded by the DFG)