René Burfeindt, M.Sc., M.St.
Photo: Leila Ivarsson
Chair of Management of Public, Private and Nonprofit Organizations
Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences
by appointment per email
Tel: +49 40 42838-8610
- since July 2020: PhD candidate and research assistant at the chair of Prof. Dr. Boenigk
- September 2017 to August 2019: Master of Studies in Social Innovation at the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, Master's thesis on: "Hurdles for Good? Overcoming Barriers to Scaling Social Innovation in the German Red Cross
- September 2013 to August 2015: Graduate Diploma in Social Sciences at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), University of London
- Since October 2012 until today: professional activity in the medical technology industry and in the social sector at the German Red Cross in Hamburg (currently: Deputy Managing Director of the DRK Hamburg Mediservice gGmbH)
- September 2011 to August 2012: Master's degree M.Sc. in Management at the University of Edinburgh Business School, Master's thesis on: "Optimising R&D and Innovation Management in a German Medical Technology Firm - A Requirements Analysis of Management Control Tools".
- February 2011 to August 2011: Study abroad at the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, China
- March 2008 to August 2011: B.Eng. in Rescue Engineering at the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg), Bachelor's thesis on: "Hydraulic rescue equipment in China - a market potential analysis".
Main Areas of Research
- Social Innovations
- Nonprofit Management