Consultations and workshops
Learn about the resources that are available to you at the WiSo Library and the Universität Hamburg library system and how to use them efficiently for your research and teaching.
In personal research consultations or interactive workshops, you can get information, guidance and support in the following areas:
- using services of the WiSo Library that are available to researchers and staff in particular,
- identifying resources are appropriate for your topic,
- using library tools that make information collection easier,
- carrying out an initial literature search,
- developing advanced search strategies to ensure comprehensive literature retrieval,
- keeping up-to-date with your research creating new article and search alerts in library subscription databases and on publishers' websites,
- setting-up and using of unique author identifiers, such as ORCID, ResearcherID or Google Scholar Profile, for managing your researcher identity.
To arrange for an appointment for you, your working group, or your new staff, please send an email to bib-schulung.wiso"AT"uni-hamburg.de.
We also provide library research refreshers for faculty, graduate students, or staff upon request. The sessions will be tailored to suit your own specific needs.
Workshops and tours for your students
The WiSo Library team offers a wide range of workshops and guided tours for your students.
You can find our trainings as well as workshops offered by the Stabi and other UHH libraries in this overview.
To arrange for a workshop, send us an email at bib-schulung.wiso"AT"uni-hamburg.de. The sessions will be tailored to suit the specific needs of your course, its topic and its students.