Conference participants will reside in the Hotel Vorbach (Johnsallee 63 - 67, 20146 Hamburg).
How to walk from the Hotel to the conference (Esplanade 36, 15mins):
How to get to Hotel Vorbach with public transportation:
From the airport
- Take the train (S-Bahn S1). The train ticket is 2.85 Euro from the machine (Einzelfahrschein Großbereich).
- Get off at the next station Ohlsdorf. Switch platform to the U-Bahn U1.
- Take the line U1 southbound, direction Ohlstedt or Farmsen.
- After about 15 Minutes get off at the stop Hallerstraße.
- From there it is a 7 minute walk on the big avenue Rothenbaumchaussee (direction city center) until the street Johnsallee crosses. The hotel is then located just to the right on Johnsallee.
From central station (Hauptbahnhof)
- The closest train station to the hotel is Dammtor. It is possible that your train also stops here.
- When you arrive at central station (Hauptbahnhof), go to Dammtor with the westbound S-Bahn S11, S21, or S31. As it is only one stop, you can buy a Kurzstrecke from the machine for 1.40 Euro. However, usually your train ticket includes one connection ride with public transportation.
- From Dammtor it's a ten minute walk. Head north into Rothenbaumchaussee, the second street on the left is Johnsallee: