Existing or upcoming cooperation partnerships
- HafenCity University Hamburg (represented by the research group entitled Changing Metropolitan Regions [FGMW]/VP – Research division as well as head of the urban planning department at the Institute for Urban, Regional and Environmental Planning, Professor Jörg Knieling.
- Institute for Critical Theory [InKriT], Berlin (CESS in legal succession to the HWP).
- New School for Social Research, New York (represented by the head of the graduate school Dorothy Hart Hirshon and the Professor of Political and Social Theory, Professor Andrew Arato).
- London School of Economics and Political Science (represented by the Development Studies Institute [DESTIN]/Crisis States Research Centre [CSRC]: Director of the CSRC: Professor James Putzel).
- Ewha Women’s University, City South Korea/Humanities Korea Project (represented by the Diretor of the Trans-Humanities Research Team, Professor Jung-Hwa Oh).
- Jönköping University/Department of Behavioural and Social Sciences School of Health Sciences, Sweden (represented by Associate Professor Dr. Cecilia Hennig).
- DAAD/Vigoni academic exchange/cooperation with the Universities of Padua and Rome/Bari (proposal for 2009; represented by Professors Giovanni Fiaschi, Roberto Finelli and Franca Papa).